Sunday, 16 July 2017

A Week For Myself


So... I vented quite a lot in my last post. (Sorry, not sorry) I promise this isn't just going to be another rant.


Last weekend, I was lucky enough to spend three days with my best friend in the whole world, in one of the best places, surrounded by what was certainly then the best atmosphere I had ever been surrounded by.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I went to TRNSMT.

For those of you who aren't in the UK, or perhaps just aren't really into the whole indie/indie-rock music scene, TRNSMT is a three-day music festival that took place in Glasgow Green. It was kind-of known as the replacement for T In The Park, I guess.

I had booked it off as soon as I got my job- it was well and truly the highlight of my life. Check out my instagram (@Saralouisaxo) if you want to snoop and see what I was wearing, who I went to see ect.

I booked the Friday-Sunday off, as well as the Monday so that I would have some time to recover after a busy, tiring, and partly boozy weekend. But when I got my shifts in, I found out that the week after TRNSMT I wasn't due to work until Friday.

Of course, my initial reaction was shit, how am I going to have enough money to survive?!

But I don't move out for another month, so I still have a few more pay-days until I have to pay my first month of rent.

Now it's Thursday and I've almost had a week off of work, and boy am I glad that I have.

Don't get me wrong- this isn't an 'I hate my job' type of post... I really don't; my job isn't anything extraordinary, but I do love it. I work as a waitress in TGI Fridays, and it's honestly the most fun job I've ever had. Everyone there is so, so lovely- and when people say we work like a team, they mean it. Everyone has eachothers back, and they mean it.

But just because I love my job, doesn't go to say I don't love having some down-time.

In the past when I've had time off, I've always ended up spending all my money on going out to town, going on days out, or meeting up with friends- all things which I absolutely LOVE- but this time I just stayed in the house.

On Monday I hung out with my friends before they departed to Hong Kong, and did a bit of housework. On Tuesday I made a home-cooked meal for the first time in forever, and had my friend over to watch Love Island with me. On Wednesday the weather was beautiful so I actually got to spend the day outside sunbathing, and then went on a walk with another friend before we came home to watch Love Island- YES I adore Love Island. And today, I'm just doing some housework and deciding what movie I should watch... I really love movies like Dear John- any suggestions?

It's just been so good for me to be able to do whatever the heck I want- no strings attached.

What do you do when you've got some time for yourself?

Adios, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment