Thursday, 9 March 2017

5 Happy Thoughts


Happy Sunday, friends! I'm currently at work writing this in advance, because that's the kind of crazy-hectic life that I lead right now... yeah... you can actually read more about that here, haha. 

I have to say though, despite my crazy-busy lifestyle, I've got a lot to be happy for- and I'm so, so grateful for. There have been times before where I have struggled to think of five things that have made me happy; but that isn't the case at all today. To be frank, I live a pretty damn awesome life. And I'm generally quite happy with life in all its fullness. Obviously my life isn't perfect, but it's good. 

I've been pretty productive
And I'm really proud of myself for that! I've had a lot of things to keep on top of, but regardless I could have easily left everything to the last minute. (Let's just say that yes, in the past I have had sleepless nights writing essays and reports due the next day. In the PAST) I've been really proactive lately though; I've set up my priorities list, and now every day the first thing I do when I wake up (after checking my phone) is making a daily list of things that need to be completed. If I get more than the bare minimum, that's a bonus- but I always make sure my daily to do list is easily achievable, otherwise I'd lose all motivation!

I treated myself to a cheeseburger and fries today
It's the little things that count, right? Even if they make me less little, haha! Smack on the calories, right? Genuinely, though, I don't see the need for diets or 'calorie counting' at all. As long as you're happy- that's what really matters.

It's Spring!!!
And while my Mum might disagree (she gave me a telling off for wearing dungarees the other day because it's still the "middle of winter" in her books), I am certainly excited that this new season has commenced! Bring on the blue skies, new flower buds, sunshine, chirping birds, newborn lambs... and after all of this month, it'll be time to bring on the end of university for the next 5 months.

I have an awesome boyfriend
I knowwwwwww- I'm a cheesy fucker, amn't I. ;) But genuinely, even though the distance between us really, really, really sucks ass, I'm really happy. I'm so #blessed, so #grateful for my boyfriend, and I just want everyone to know how appreciative I am of him. And I really do mean it. Last weekend I saw him for a handful of days, and while I do so wish that I could have stayed for longer, I really loved getting to spend time with him, meet more of his friends, and see his family as well! We always have a great time together. 

I love my job (at rookie rockstars)
I am so, so lucky to be in a position where I get to work as a receptionist in one of the best places in the entire universe. I get to work in an environment where people who are passionate about music come together, to spread their passion on to people of all ages. I get to hear kids learn how to play the drums to some epic songs (The Killers, Foo Fighters, and Ed Sheehan have been played), and I've heard kids get vocal coaching and grow in confidence as they sing to some equally epic songs. Not to mention the keys and guitar... I could rave about the music school for ages. It's awesome. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment