Tuesday, 13 December 2016

9 Things 2016 Taught Me



Well, hasn't 2016 been fun. You know that song "We didn't start the fire" by Billy Joel? I'm pretty sure we could rewrite the entire song just from the events that have took place within the past year. I'm not going to lie, most of the major world events have been pretty shitty... but to be honest, my life events have been pretty awesome.

Kylie Jenner might have said that 2016 was the year of "realising stuff", but I think she was wrong. In my opinion, on a worldwide and personal level, 2016 has been the year of change

In the last 12 months I have left school to start University, which in itself has been a huge change. But as well as that, I have grown into new friend circles. My relationship with my family has changed dramatically. At the start of this year, I begun my first ever job... and since then have changed jobs twice. Oh, and the experiences I've had with guys... all I can say is that I hope they've changed now. 

All of these changes have given me the opportunity to learn some incredible things. I've learnt some pretty mundane yet useful things too, though...


1. You might feel like you have no control in the big events, but your vote still counts. Your voice still matters, and it can still be heard

2. Putting liner on before you put liquid lipstick makes a huge difference

3. So does putting eyeshadow primer on before applying eye products. Wow. My personal fave is Urban Decay's Primer Potion, js. 

4. Sometimes some distance shows you the things and people who matter the most. Perspective is key.

5. Life definitely is better at 18. You might be a dancing queen at seventeen, but at eighteen you're a goddess.

6. Lush makes everything better. "But Lush can't fix all your pro-" everything. 

7. Having people around you who will support you is one of the most important things in life. Your friends are the people who will be there for you no matter what, so keep them close and never, ever, ever take them for granted.

8. The "Discover Weekly" playlist on Spotify is fucking heavenly. 

9. The only thing that doesn't change, is that everything is always changing #mindblown

No comments:

Post a Comment