Sunday, 30 October 2016

18 quotes for my 18th

Happy birthday to me! Today, I turn 18... I officially become a fully fledged adult, with all the responsibilities and opportunities that this milestone brings. Today, I wanted to write a post somehow related to my birthday. I was planning on documenting my birthday dinner (which was last night) but I still need to upload some pictures, and I quite frankly don't have the time today. So keep your eyes peeled for that, and for now I hope you enjoy reading 18 quotes that summarise this year!

***

"That's what I want. Someone who smiles like an idiot whenever they talk about me. Someone who just can't shut the fuck up about me"

***

" She had a way of seeing beauty in others, even (and perhaps most especially) when that person could not see it in themselves"

***

"So plant your own gardens and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers"

***

"If you want to learn what someone fears losing, watch what they photograph"

***

"Staying positive doesn't mean you don't feel sad or angry sometimes, it just means you keep going anyways"

***

"I've been on either side of letting someone down, and I don't know which ones worse"

***

"It was only after months of silence that I realised we were better as strangers than anything else"

***

"I am not where I am because of luck. I am where I am because I took risks others were not willing to take. The world rewards the risk takers. It always has. It always will"

***

"Love is always dangerous. To love is to hope you'll win it all, while running the risk that you could lose it all. And sometimes, it's about accepting that there's a risk that you'll love more than you are loved"

***

" Survival can be summer up in three words; don't give up. That's the heart of it really... just keep trying"

***

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from their point of view; until you climb into their skin and walk around in it"

***

"You don't realise how many different things can remind you of a person until they become someone you no longer wish to remember"

***

"How others see you isn't important. What is important is how you see yourself. That means everything"

***

"Go out and do what you want to do and believe in yourself... because its okay to do that. It's okay to be who you are"

***

"Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes the reason is that you are stupid and make bad decisions"

***

"The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, and the stupid people are full of confidence"

***
"Stop worrying about growing old, and start thinking about growing up"

***

"The lies we believe are walls that keep us from embracing the beauty we have behold this whole time"

***

"It takes a big heart to help shape little minds"

***

2 comments: