Thursday, 4 August 2016

We're all a little bit crazy

A few years ago, I went through a phase of being obsessed with Alice in Wonderland. My favourite quote from the book is this; "If you weren't mad, you wouldn't be here". It's in the bio of my We heart it profile and all, which just shows how much I love it. 

Alice got to experience an amazing adventure... she went to amazing people and met some incredible people, and it was all down to the fact that she was a little bit crazy. If it wasn't for her crazy wild imagination (or whatever you think it is that gets Alice into Wonderland) she wouldn't have gotten to see any of that. And more importantly, we wouldn't get to watch the amazing Disney movie, lol.

I've always been on the side of being a little bit weird. Kind of crazy, different. And ever since I can remember, that craziness has lead me to meet so many people who -much like myself- are certainly not ordinary human beings. One of my oldest friends, who I've known for almost 13 years, is also one of the craziest. And I love her for it. I love how we can just sit on the bus together for 20 minutes, with the weirdest things spurting out of our mouths causing us to erupt into bursts of uncontrollable laughter. Our craziness is the secret to our happiness.

On the contrary, my kindred craziness with another girl made her one of my closest friends in the space of less than 48 hours of meeting her. We spent the day ranting about eyebrows, and laughing at the most random things. And because of our mutual craziness, we've been close friends ever since- a whole year and a half after we met.

Being crazy is a weird and wonderful thing, and it opens us up to a fun filled life with so many possibilities. What's so wrong with being a little weird? I love being crazy. Embrace your inner crazy for goodness sakes, lol. #NoShame

Being called weird is like being called limited edition, meaning you're something people don't see very often ~ Jack Barakat, All Time Low

11 comments:

  1. I always find it a compliment when someone refers to me as weird, I see nothing wrong with it. Being "weird" just means that you're different to everyone else and who would want to be like everyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you can be crazy and just be yourself! People think I'm crazy and weird too! I guess it's okay as long as you're not harming anyone or not being too obnoxious. Embrace your craziness! Enjoyed reading this and nice touch on the crazy photo!

    Ron | Nearby Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Ron. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. Well it depends if you're referring to the actual definition of crazy. Because I am in no way trying to associate myself with people that are clinically crazy, however distancing yourself from social norms are never bad.

    Jay | Eclectic Elite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unique, as we all are meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute! Being crazy, weird, different, is such a blessing! How boring to be just like everyone else?? Keep doing you, girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embrace your craziness! You have colour to your soul! You're not the norm you won't get two of you! That's special!

    www.shewillneverlose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nazrin, this comment was so encouraging and cute!

      Delete