Friday, 5 August 2016

On my reading list this summer

There was once a time where I called my local library my second home. I could spend hours in that library, choosing which 6 books I would take home for the week. Yes, I usually read about 6 books a week. I knew almost all the library staff by name, too. Then this thing called exams started creeping up on me, and my visits to the library became visits to the cafe, where I crammed my head into boring study books, rather than the poetic romantic chick flicks I used to gobble up. How heartbreaking.

However, ever since graduating from high school last May, I've slowly started to rekindle the flame and the love that I once had for reading. I've challenged myself to read 6 books before university, which I think is a fairly realistic target to set myself, as I have so many other commitments in my life right now. 

As I was thinking about my reading goal, I thought about the kind of books I wanted to put on my "to read" list, and started talking to a few of my friends about this aim I had. I also heard about Zoella's book club that she's running through WH Smiths (great timing, btw) which gave me a lot of ideas of what books I wanted to read. 

Below is a short list of some of the books that I've decided to put on my summer reading list. If you have any ideas, please do let me know in the comments below!

1. Girl online, on tour by Zoella (Zoe Sugg)
I actually read the first Girl Online book a while ago, and wrote my first ever book review on it, which you can see here. I loved the characters, and the setting is perfect. It's a really nice light fluffy holiday read, which I do love.

2. All the bright places by Jennifer Niven
I promise that not everything in this reading list is going to have something to do with Zoella, but I discovered this book through her book club on WH Smiths. From the blurb, this book seems to have a tragic yet beautiful story, and I can forsee a good few tears being caused by this one.

3. The Girl on the train by Paula Hawkins
I'm not going to lie, I'm not super keen on this book, but one of my friends recommended it to me, so I'm going to give it a bash. It seems to be a kind of thriller type book, which I would usually steer clear of, but I'm always up for trying something new!

4. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
Back to the Young Adult fiction books with this one, lol. The plot circles around a girl who's allergic to literally everything which obviously is pretty restricting in life. It has a really nice light cover which is what attracted it to me in the first place, but it actually seems really interesting.

5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
This is another one that a friend of mines has recommended to me a good number of times. I tried to read this a while ago, but never got round to the ending so it'll be good to get into again. It starts off with twins moving out for university, so I reckon it'll be pretty relatable as I'm going to be starting university in September!

6. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Since my friend recommended me the book Fangirl, I decided to have a little look into it online- and thus I discovered that the same author had written another young adult romantic novel. This one looks really great, and turns out that a friend who I'm going on holiday with has this book so I might convince her to lend it to me for a holiday read...

2 comments:

  1. Everything Everything is such a cute book, and All The Bright Places is one of my all time favorites but be prepared to cry. Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've started reading All The Bright Places right now, and it's really good so far...

      Delete