Wednesday, 10 August 2016

On My Baking Playlist...

I love baking cute little cupcakes and coming up with exciting new cake ideas. Recently I baked a three tier nutella sponge cake which -not to blow my own trumpet or anything- was amazing. I find baking so rewarding, and it can be a fun activity to do alone or with a friend. I always have some upbeat songs on when I bake, so I thought I would share some of my favourites...

Celeste - Ezra Vine
This is such a catchy, cheery little song! I think the intro sounds a bit like the background music to a baking video on youtube, but that might just be me.

Winterbreak - MUNA
I think I found this song on my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify. It's really chill and mellow, which I find is perfect for putting the finishing touches on the decorations on a cake or cupcake.

Hero - Family of the Year
I absolutely adore this song. It's another one that I think could be used to back a baking tutorial or something like that, and I know it quite well so I love to sing along with it as I'm baking.

You're my girl - Fairground Lights
This was on the Reign soundtrack, which is a TV show that I used to watch constantly. It's a really cute little love song, and it's another one that I really love to sing along with!

Cold Water - Major Lazer, MO, Justin Bieber
Sometimes I can't be bothered listening to my spotify playlist, so I flick the radio on... Radio 1, of course. This song has been getting a fair bit of airtime, so I've grown to love it, and it's got such a great beat to it.

11 comments:

  1. I love baking too, recently I've been coming up with gluten free recipes and my baking playlist of choice at the moment is Melanie Martinez Cry Baby album =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im rubbish at baking. Im trying and failing to conquer a gluten free scone at the moment lol.

    www.sparklesatmidnight.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scones are hard to get right... mines always seem to turn out like little roles!

      Delete
  3. I think it's cute that you have a baking playlist. If it helps you bake yummy treats, why not, right? :) I wish I could bake like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is so amazing! I've never thought of having baking playlist... *going to make one* :D
    Ps. MUNA means egg in finnish :D

    ~ Jasmin N
    Little Things With Jassy
    Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmin! I'd love to see what songs you put on yours

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing, although I don't personally bake, having some great new upbeat music is always great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a refreshing read! I like baking but almost never have the time unfortunately, maybe I'll need some specific music! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sandra! Lately ive found baking packs from tesco are perfect for when i want to bake but dont have much time-

      Delete