Thursday, 7 July 2016

Summer goals

Since I'm working full time this summer, I'm missing out on the 6 weeks of freedom and relaxation that I usually have around this time of year. However, when the sun comes out (Which it will) I am determined to make the most of any free time I have. Plus, I have a few holidays planned for the next two months before I start university.

#1 go outside
There's nothing lovelier than a little walk outside, breathing in the lush fresh air... especially right after an 8 hour shift of breathing in grease, salt and fast food. I want to spend more time in my garden, go on more walks, and have more picnics this summer, as I always find my spirits lifted up after spending time outside.

#2 SAVE
Gosh, this seems to be in every goal post I write. I genuinely don't know why, but I can't seem to save. I really need to get my act together ASAP, because as I just mentioned I start university in 2 months and still need a laptop, bus pass, and money for books and going out. And yes, that means I'm not going to buy that gorgeous jacket I eyed up from Topshop. 

#3 Go to the gym
You might remember a few months ago how I mentioned that I got a gym membership at my local leisure centre. One minor problem- I can count the times I've been on my hands. Yeah, not ideal when I'm trying to get into my beach body. This is something I really need to work on when I have the time, so no more excuses! 

#4 Be excited
Sure, there's a lot to be scared and anxious about. But my radical goal for the summer is to fill my mind with excitement. To have a mentality where I always have something to look forward to, rather than something to dread. For example, today I'm not going to dread the fact that I have to get up at 8am tomorrow, but I'm going to look forward to the exciting things I'm going to do throughout the day!

2 comments: