Over the past few weeks, I've felt myself pacing through life in a peaceful lull. I am happy, and excited, and I am calm. Nothing terribly bad has happened over the past few weeks, which has been wonderful. I don't want to take this calm season for granted, though. I want to use it to learn more about myself, and the people around me.
I've already been able to learn a thing or two, which is what I wanted to talk about today. So, here are a few things I've learnt lately...
1. When I'm around children, I become like them. My energy levels go from 0 to 100, and I become a kid again.
2. Time goes by fast, so appreciate every second you have, and don't take the time you have now for granted.
3. In fact, don't take anything for granted, because it could be taken away from you any second
4. The little mermaid is the best Disney movie ever and nothing else can even come close to how awesome it is.
5. As awesome as making new friends is, it's just as important to look after the relationships you already have
6. There is always purpose for our pain
7. And God is able to use our disasters and turn them in to something wonderful
8. Sometimes you can't mend a broken friendship, and it's important that you are able to take a step back, breathe, and start again.
9. Meeting up for coffee and chats is one of those things that you never get sick of.
10. Your room/house will probably never be truly pintrest worthy. That's okay, take pride in your organised mess.
11. I am an academic idiot, meaning I know things, but it really doesn't show.
12. Road safety is important, even though I couldn't care less.
13. Sometimes we need to stop pushing on all the pull doors.
14. It can sometimes be hard to distinguish whether somethings literal or a metaphor. Like number 13.
15. Mistakes are okay, because you learn from them
16. Older people are awesome, because they have so much life experience which makes them super wise
17. Sometimes something as small as a little letter can brighten someones day
18. Music is one of the most powerful things we have access to
19. Summer isn't summer unless there's blue skies and sunshine
20. You know you miss someone when you message them accidentally, forgetting that they're in another country and won't be able to reply.