Friday, 17 June 2016

What I've been watching

If you're a loyal reader, you'll know that since the 3rd of June I have been completely done with school. While I've switched from working part time to full time hours at my job, I've still noticed I've got a whole lot more time on my hands. 

As well as going on day trips, and spending weekends travelling to see far away friends, I've been busy diving in deep in some great TV shows, movies, and youtubers.

I've watched a number of TED talks, which have been so eye opening and educational. I've always been interested in educating myself, and I love learning new things so TED talks are just perfect for me. To make it even easier for me to access brilliant TED talks, my NOW TV box has a TED talk app, which sorts out all the best, latest TED talks in categories, so if I want to watch a talk on business, health, or crime, I can just flick through the genres. In the past few days I've watched a good handful of talks about the importance of feminism and empowerment, which has been incredibly eye opening and inspiring.

Another great thing about my NOW TV box is that it comes with a free 3 month trial of Sky movies, which has allowed me to watch a whole lot of movies without even having to subscribe. Recently I've seen gorgeous romantic movies like Age of Adeline, The Longest Ride, If I stay, and The Notebook. I do love a good chick flick after a long day at work, so it's been great to be able to collapse on my bed and flick on a movie till I fall asleep. 

I'm not sure if I've talked about this before, but All 4 has an incredible app that is available for android, apple, and NOW TV which has a lush collection of TV shows available. You can download episodes to watch on the go, or just stream them at home. Because I've been travelling a lot to see friends that live a few hours away, I've taken advantage of this, and it's made my journeys so much more pleasant. I've also had a lot of bonding time with my little 13 year old brother, watching shows like the inbetweeners and fresh meat together whenever he's not at school and I'm not working. Some of my favourite TV shows lately have been Made in Chelsea, Suits, Gogglebox, and Fresh Meat.

What have you been watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment