Thursday, 2 June 2016

New starts and fresh pages

Today, as I sorted through my notebooks, I found one completely fresh, untouched notebook... my new diary, numero 3. I love the feeling of writing on the first page of a notebook. You take so much care into making it pretty and presentable, and make sure your handwriting is actually legible. The other pages are different; they don't really matter as much. The first page, though, is a fresh start... a new beginning. There's something really special about that.

I'm pretty sure you're all sick of hearing me drone on and on about how I've graduated school but I have. It's kind of a big deal for me. Since I'm going to be going to university soon, I decided that I need to get my act together a bit. Start over, so that I can well and truly start my new life as a student with a fresh page. Here are a few ways that I plan to do just that...

De-clutter my wardrobe
I have such a jam packed wardrobe, and I'm pretty sure I haven't worn 90% of the stuff in it since 2k14, so it's definitely time for me to sort that out. It's getting quite warm too, so I'm thinking I'll put my bulkier items of clothing away in a box to make more room for some pretty dresses ect. for summer!

Change my room around
Although I was planning to move away from home completely, I can still switch things up a bit and create a new scene. I'm thinking of painting my furniture white to give it a fresh, modern vibe, but that will take a tonne of effort so we'll see if I ever actually get around to doing that, lol.

Change my hair
I've always been a blonde, and to some degree I've always found comfort in my blondeness. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I like being blonde- it's what I'm used to, and I'm comfortable with it. However, my hair is getting darker, and I'm thinking it might be time for something new. Last December I chopped off about 8 inches of my hair... maybe it's time for me to get a fresh colour to go with the new haircut?

Buy new clothes
I've already started buying items to put together my new look for university. Just today I recieved a parcel of two gorgeous casual dresses that I ordered from forever 21, so much love. I'm going to need a lot more clothes for university, what with the whole NO MORE UNIFORM thing, so I might as well experiment with some new styles while I'm at it!

Try out a new hobby
Everyone says that university is the best time to try out new things, and I think I might just put that to the test. I want to get more out of my days than just lounging about, working, or meeting up with friends... I want to try something completely new and exciting. I just don't know quite what exactly just yet.

What are you doing for a 'new start' this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment