Thursday, 9 June 2016

June 2016 Beauty Favourites

Lately with the sun being out so much, I've been able to get by most of the day with a slab of BB cream, a touch up on my brows and a few layers of mascara. But when it comes to nights/evenings out,  -or even darker, gloomier days- my beauty routine changes completely. I've never really written up a post on the beauty products that I use, so bear with me- beauty isn't my forte!
The Base

As I just mentioned, because of the gorgeous summer weather, I've been going for a nice light look during the day. I've been able to achieve a lovely natural glow with the use of Osiris' All in One Skin Perfector BB cream. It's been such a saviour for light coverage, and it has the added plus of UV protection, which is exactly what I need on a sunny day!

The other day, I went into Glasgow to get a few things for prom, and decided to splash out a bit of cash on MAC's matchmaster foundadtion. The foundation has medium coverage, with a matt finish, which I absolutely adore. It covers my blemishes and imperfections really flatteringly, and also really brings out my natural skin tones. 

NYX opened up a huge stall at Boots in Glasgow, Buchanan Galleries, and ever since my friend recommended their matt liquid lipsticks to me, I've been totally hooked on the brand. This NYX Face Duo: Sculpt & Highlight has been great fun to test and try out, and I've really fell in love with the way it brings out the shape of my face. It comes in different shades, but I went for the taupe/ivory duo because I felt it would best compliment my face, especially with my new MAC foundation!



Eyes and Brows

I've been using Maybelline Falsies volume express mascara  loyally since about December last year, and I can't imagine switching for anything else. My lashes are quite light because I'm naturally blonde, so mascara is one of the products I use the most, so it's imperative that I have a great product that I can rely on to take me from day to night. It's not quite the same effect as having false lashes, but definitely closer than any other mascaras I've used before.

I usually lean more towards using pencils when it comes to my brows, just because I quite like my brows being bold and defined. But after having heard a lot of great things about Soap and Glory's Archery DIY brow kit, I decided to gamble on the kit, and it's been so worth it. I can still achieve a great angle, and while it's taken me some time to get used to using brushes for my brows, I feel like it's really not as hard as I thought it would be. The brow highlighter in the kit is great too; subtle, but effective. 

Up until recently, I've always used gel or pen liners, because I'm so scared of messing up with liquid liners. However, NYX's Vinyl Liquid Liner is so easy to use, and I've found it really similar to a pen liner. I previously tried out Rimmel London's Scandal Eyes pen liner, but it ran out after one day so I was a bit sceptical about trying out another pen liner.


What are your beauty favourites this month?

8 comments:

  1. Less is great during the day, evening calls for more glam. Great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never paid much attention to my brows, but wanted to start! Gotta try this brow kit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been very into makeup, but much like you up until recently I never really got the whole brow craze! I'm so glad I've given my brows the care and attention they need now though, and looking back at old photos make me cringe so bad, lol!

      Delete
  3. I am not much into beauty products usually, I keep things simple but I need some help in the brow department and you've given me so new items to try out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple can definitely be beautiful! I've really enjoyed trying out these new products lately, so I'm sure you will too!

      Delete
  4. SO many great favourites, you can't go wrong with anything NYX!

    La Belle Sirene 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true! I love the NYX liquid lipsticks, I have about 5 different shades of the same product! I wore it in Sydney yesterday, and had it on from 3pm-11pm for work and there wasn't even a crack or smudge when I finished my shift!

      Delete