Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Why I'm a great blogger

This post feels really unnatural. I mean, even when I was writing the title I almost changed it, because I didn't want it to seem so boastful. On the flipside, how easy would it have been for me to write the title "why I'm a crappy blogger", and write about all the things I'm bad at... I know there are a lot. But I didn't. I gave this post such a full on title because I think it's time (the blogger community, and) I take a stand, and say that actually, I'm hella good at what I do, and I'm not afraid of acknowledging my accomplishments.

You know, I've learnt so much over the past two years that I've been blogging. From learning about how to lay out photos, to taking them at the right white balance; from learning about how to articulate myself in a way that people would understand, to finding my voice through words, to structuring blog posts; from learning how to use social media to promote my blog, to developing contacts with other bloggers through social media... the list could go on forever, it's so damn long. But I think you get the point; I've learnt a heck of a lot... and every single day that I immerse myself in the bloggosphere, I develop my voice more, and I am constantly learning.That in itself is a wonderful thing. Let's call that number one of why I'm a great blogger. Learning is always a great place to start. 

So that brings us, inevitably, on to number two; although I'm not really going to put everything into a list. I may not be some mega blogger who does a tonne of social media promotion, gets asked to write posts all the time, and spends a heap of time editing every singe picture, but I put a  lot of effort into this little space of mine. Running a blog takes a lot of sweat, drive and determination- and most importantly, hard work; no matter how much you post, or what level you're at.

I have opened myself up on this blog so many times, and I have made myself vulnerable in ways that I never would have even dreamed of doing when I started up this little space of mine. I have written some really difficult and challenging posts, both personal and not. Putting myself out there in the blogging world has been daunting, and it has taken a lot of courage for me to write about the things I have written about; especially the personal things. 

Not only that, but I have been completely open with my friends and family about my blog, and what I write about. I remember when I first started my blog, and a few people at school found out and tauntingly asked me about it... I stood up straight, looked them in the eye, and told them yes, it was my blog, and they were welcome to go on it, and comment if they so wished. These people were not my friends, and to be honest they were only really looking for someone to tease; but by being completely open, I not only showed them I was proud of my blog, I also gained a good number of views, as they scanned through my little place to find something embarrassing- which they didn't.

I am a great blogger because I love my blog. The most important person to please with this blog is myself, and I have achieved that much. Even if nobody read this post, at the end of the day, I would still be happy because I wrote it, and I am proud of my work. I created the header for her electric ocean, and I was happy with it- and my opinion was the only one that mattered. My blog is my space, and so I decide whether it's a success or not. And in my eyes, it is very much so.

No comments:

Post a Comment