Wednesday, 20 April 2016

Inspiring simplicity

I remember reading through my psychology textbook a few weeks ago, while trying to study for my sleep and dreams assessment, and coming across a paragraph about simplicity and mindfulness. The textbook discussed benefits of practising mindfulness, and living a simple, minimalistic lifestyle, which I found really interesting. Apparently, practising mindful meditation before you go to sleep, and de-cluttering your mind of distractions minimises your chances of experiencing sleep disorders.

Simple links

Project 333 by Courtney Carver


Appreciate what is by 21 delights

Simple Quotes
"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication"

"There is beauty in simplicity"

"Simplicity is all about subtracting the obvious, and adding the meaningful"

"Embrace simplicity.. be content with what you have and are, and no one can despoil you"

Simple actions
Today, I want to set you a target. A goal. An aim... whatever you want to call it- I want you to achieve it. This is it: I want you to carry out 3 simple actions that will add value to someone else's day. Give someone a compliment... or give a stranger a compliment. Pay for the order of the person behind you. Let someone dear to you know that you appreciate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment