Sunday, 24 April 2016

Appreciating your alone time

A few months ago I had to let go of a relationship with someone I had spent almost all of my time with, and a few weeks ago I had to work every evening on top of having to go to school. I've found that these things are physically tiring in their nature- going out, and working- but being constantly busy can be mentally tiring too. You need your alone time to reflect on the events that have passed, accept them and move on, as well as to relax and recharge.

I'm starting to learn, that although there are times when I'm feeling a little lonely and crave a night out, or a coffee and chat with some friends, I should really be grateful for the time that I have to look after myself.

These are the times where I can have a long hot bath, and finally get to use up the lush bath bombs I bulk-bought the other week. They are the times where I can binge watch my favourite shows, or sit down with a cup of coffee and a good book. They are the times I'm allowed to be selfish, because it's me-time. And that's actually really special.

One day, albeit not soon, I'll have children hanging off my arms, and a husband to do everything with me, including my down time. I'm not always going to have this much free time, where I can nap, read, or just be, so I believe that it's even more important that I make the most of the time that I have now. I won't always have it.

A few of my favourite movies to watch alone are...

The Little mermaid

If I stay

The Notebook

Tarzan

Jupiter Jones

Clueless

Mean Girls

Pitch Perfect

Cinderella

Unfinished Business

No comments:

Post a Comment