Saturday, 19 March 2016

little ways to be healthier (part 2)

Hello my gorgeous friends! Some of you loyal troopers will remember a post I published way back in August last year, all about the little things you can do to be a bit healthier. Well, as I was looking through my old posts this morning, I realised that since then, I've actually managed to adopt a few more little habits, which I'm really excited to be sharing with you all!

I'm no health junkie, and I won't promise you'll lose 5 stone in a week or whatever, but these are little things you can easily incorporate into your day-to-day routine.

Replace your fat with cats
(Except not literally... I don't want you all to be going around eating cats because "Sara said", haha)

-Rather than jumping into the freezer for a tub of ice cream, why not substitute in a tub of frozen yoghurt? It's much more healthy, and tastes even better in my opinion!

-I looooooove haribo's. Especially those sponge-y strawberry sweets. But you know what my body loves more? You guessed it; real strawberries

-Oh my days, TV. I love it to bits, and I am never EVER going to substitute my TV time for anything else. What I can substitute however, is my couch. My local gym has the option of watching the telly on little personal screens on some of the machines, which is absolutely brilliant. No more couch potato Sara!

-I definitely have a bit of a weak spot for milkshakes; in town there's a milkshake bar that lets you create your own milkshakes, from malteser flavour, to oreo... it's actually amazing, let me tell you that. But recently, I've really enjoyed making my own smoothies at home. There are so many variations of recipes online, so I'm going to be experimenting for a while...

Don't diet
I've told you before, and I'll tell you again... DON'T GO ON A DIET!

So you want to lose weight? Stop snacking, and replace your processed foods with fresh meat, and make sure you actually have your 5 (or 7) fruit and veg a day. There is no need to diet, when there are so many healthier alternatives out there. I'm sure I've said this before, but whenever I try out a diet, I always end up giving up after a week or so, and I don't think I'm alone in this. That just makes you gain weight rather than lose it, because for the first few days of most diets your body tends to create its own fat before it's used to the change in your eating. Plus, whenever the day comes that you give up on the diet, you pretty much always end up binge eating all sorts of junk... so diets are totally ruled out for me! No more dieting!

Get into a sport
I've never really been a big fan of sports.

But the more I started watching tennis last year, the more I wanted to get into it and play with my friends. By watching things like the olympics, or international sports championships (Such as the football world cup) you can find out which sport you fancy the look of, which then gives you the motivation to actually get into the actual physical playing of it. If Andy Murray can do it, so can I, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment