Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Life lately

Can I just start off by saying that I know the pictures in this post are absolutely awful quality, but I was using my cute little LG spirit, and the camera isn't exactly it's forte, lol. My Dad whisked my camera off approximately 4,000 miles away to Nepal, where he's going to be working for the next month, so I'll be using a mix of stock photo, photos from my phone, and pictures that I've not used from past photoshoots until I get my camera back. 

I don't feel like I do enough of these casual chatty type posts, and I always love having a little catch up to look back at all the lovely things that have been happening lately. 

As some of you might know, I am in my last year of high school, and after the summer I am going to be studying Business Management, at whichever university I choose to go to... Yep, I still haven't decided, or heard back from the University of Edinburgh. It's kind of a tradition in Scotland that after 6th year (your last year in high school) you go on a holiday with all your friends, and you know, we're all 17-18 years old so it's the first ever independent holiday. 

I'm currently working part time at a fast food restaurant, and I don't exactly have a lot of money, so straight up I knew I wasn't exactly going to be able to pay for a crazy expensive holiday to Magaluf or Alicante or wherever. I was almost giving up on the idea of a 6th year holiday with my friends, when I mentioned the idea of going to London to my Mum, who reminded me of her friend who owns and runs this awesome hotel in Poland. Looking at all the prices with one of my closest friends, it looks like my 6th year holiday has been saved, and I am so damn excited about it! I would be happy to go anywhere with my girls, not gonna lie, but this seems so affordable and incredible- like a big adventure, as cheesy as that sounds.

That whole paragraph is like a huge cheese fest. What am I doing, lol.

I took this photo a wee while ago, and I've been meaning to write a post about this cute lil' product, but honestly? I have no clue where to start. I'm no beauty blogger, and I doubt I ever will be. I don't know enough about face masks to compare it to any others, or give it a strong recommendation. But I do know this- I've got hella oily skin, and this face mask actually seems to work wonders for me. My chin, nose, and forehead are the most oil-prone areas, and after using this mud mask, my whole face felt super soft, and healthy. I bought it at TK Maxx a good number of weeks ago, and I'm not sure if TK Maxx are still selling it, or where else it is sold, but for £7 approx, it's a really worthwhile buy. 
If you know me, you'll know that I am definitely not the most health-conscious person in the world. My diets last about 1-5 days, and my fitness goals are never achieved. However, I am aiming to change this, and since I've got a bit of money from work, I decided to splash out a little bit to motivate myself. It would simply go against my nature to spend £150 approx on fitness gear and never use it, so I indulged myself in some beautiful Nike Roche's, adidas original fitness tights, and a sport's bra & vest from Pink Soda Sport. I am yet to buy my gym membership- but I will do it. After I pay for my 6th year holiday. I promise...

IT'S GETTING SUNNY! I made the mistake of waking up, looking out the window and putting on my paper-thin top to go out, thinking it was Summer af outside. I got a few cute selfies, and I do rather like this outfit, but I was freezing my non-existent balls off, ahhhhhhhh. Typical me, not looking at the forecast! But still- the sun has been out a fair bit so far this week, and grey skys are slowly disappearing, which is always a good sign. I'm feeling a lot more positive and happy too with the Sun shining and the thought of Summer coming soon.

This book. This damn book man. You can't really see the title very clearly since the photo is overexposed, but the book is Me before you by Jojo Moyles. I borrowed this book from a friend last month, and read it within a week- however I've neglected giving it back, which I really should do... Oops? Anyway, can I just say that this is one of the best books I have ever read. Honestly, it's so well written, but it's also a kinda easy relaxing read. It put my emotions through the ringer, from laughing to crying... I actually cried a heck of a lot, which for me shows that it is a really great book. Any book that is able to evoke so much emotion from me that I cry has to be good. It's up there with If I stay and The Fault In Our Stars. Also, I've seen a few trailers for the movie adaptation of the book, so I would strongly recommend you read it before the movie comes out! The trailer looks absolutely brilliant too. Okay, I'm going to stop now, I'm waffling and fangirling a bit too much, lol.


So that's all that's been going on in my life lately! I hope you all have a lovely rest-of-week, however you spend it!

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! And NAPEL? That's like forever away! Ahhh! For the LG the quality is not to bad! You go girl I am sure if you are willing you can reach your fitness goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nepal is quite a fair distance away, you're right! Thank you so much Vanessa, this comment brought a smile to my heart <3

      Delete