Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Hello spring... life lately

I'm going to be completely honest with you; I am not feeling mega-motivated right now. This morning I woke up with a sudden rush of creativity, and managed to write 3 posts for this week in the space of a handful of hours, and then had a lovely long relaxing bath. It was undoubtedly a great start to the day, but now, with my cup of coffee in hand, I'm feeling a little drained.

I don't really know what to write in this post to be honest... Life lately has just been a constant uphill struggle. Sometimes -like today- I'll wake up energized and ready to climb, but that often wears off after a while. On the other days, I'll wake up with absolutely no energy or motivation, wanting to stay in bed all day. The odd thing is though, that the metaphorical hill isn't even that steep, but it seems to wear me out so much.

There's nothing huge weighing on me, and unlike last year I am feeling unusually calm/relaxed considering my exams start in about a months time. I'm considerably busy, but that is exactly how I like it... I would always choose to be busy than have nothing to do, even if that means dragging my body out of bed when all it wants to do is curl up into a ball and hibernate. 

In a way, I seem to feel much worse when I'm not doing anything. My mind tires me out more than my body, I suppose. 

So I suppose what is really bothering me, is that I can't pinpoint exactly what is going on with me. What I really want is to identify the parasite that is sucking the life out of me, so that I can work on it and move on with my life in a more positive, energised way.

4 comments:

  1. Just go with the flow (: glad your posting more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went back to school after having 2 weeks of Spring Break, and this is exactly how I am feeling right now. I set a lot of goals to end the school year well, and told myself I will remain as positive as I can...but it's a little hard to concentrate when you're feeling this type of way. Everything will be all good. Can't wait to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand where you're coming from, Aisha. It's certainly difficult, but as with all slumps; we push on and get through life, haha!

      Delete