Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Coffee and chats: Life lately

I love a good cup of coffee, and I love a good cup of coffee with a good little chat even more so. I've really grown to love those posts where bloggers just catch up on the things they've been loving lately, and what's been going on in life, and I feel like I'm finally becoming confident enough to be able to get a bit more personal/chatty with you lovely people.

The first thing that pops up into my mind when I think about what's been going on in my life lately, is music. If you know me, or have read my blog posts, then you'll probably not be too surprised to read this. Yeah, my life is mainly defined by the music I'm listening to. At least, that's how I see it. About a year and a half ago, when I saw my favourite band All Time Low live in concert for the first time, I was introduced to this new -incredible- band from America, which I instantly fell in love with. Walk the Moon have become a bit of a one-hit-wonder in the eye of the public, and chances are that you'll know their song Shut Up and Dance. To go even further, chances are that you're sick to death of it- I know I am. Nevertheless, I do recognise that while the majority of the public define them by that one -well written but extremely overplayed- song, they actually have a whole album full of feel good summer anthems. Walk the Moon is the kind of band that makes the kind of music that makes it impossible not to smile and sing along, while also raising up some challenging topics and questions. That's the kind of music I love.

I've been listening to Walk the Moon on repeat for about a week now, ever since my mini-road trip up to Aberdeen. To fill you in, last week, on Tuesday and Wednesday, I had a mini adventure, which was full of it's ups and downs.

On the Tuesday, I got to leave school at 2pm, meaning that I got to miss a whole 2 and a half hours of psychology. I don't really need to make a comment about how I felt about that- I'm sure you can guess. After rushing home, getting changed and grabbing my bags, I made my way to the bus stop that would take me into the city centre. It was a half hour bus journey, and I was a good few hours early, so I wasn't too worried or anything, but when my bus that was supposed to arrive at 3:15pm arrived at 3:35pm, I wasn't the most impressed. However, I still managed to reach the city with just enough time to go on a mini shopping spree, where I bagged a few products for lush, sports leggings from nike, and a cute top from Forever 21. 

I then made my way over to the bus station, where I was to catch my bus over to Dundee to meet up with a friend who had agreed to let me stay the night over at hers. If anyone has been to Glasgow bus station, you'll know how big, confusing and busy it is, especially at peak time on a weekday. For those of you who haven't, just imagine a huge square full of busses on each side. Luckily, from previous trips up to Dundee and Aberdeen, I knew roughly where my bus should have departed from, so I made my way around to that area, only to see from a sign, that the bus to Dundee would be departing from the opposite end of the bus station. So off I trudged, with my overnight bag, my handbag, and my shopping bags in hand. When I got to the stance, I asked someone if the 5:20pm bus to Dundee would be leaving there, and they nodded their head, saying that was where they were headed also. Well, it got to 5:20pm, and there was absolutely zero sign of any busses anywhere near the stance- they were all over on the other side of the station. When it got to 5:35pm, someone asked a security man if he knew anything about the bus, and he shook his head, pointing over to the opposite end of the station -where I thought the bus would leave from!- and said that was where busses to Dundee usually left. So everyone who had been sitting at stance 24 stood up, and so I did also, thinking everyone was going to make their way over to the other side. Tears prickled my eyes as I panicked about what would happen if I had missed the bus, and worry welled up within me- just as I saw the bus to Dundee pull up right in front of me. Queue applause. Breathe out. Relax.

After such a stressful start of the journey, it was lovely to have 2 hours to relax on the bus, and I found it fascinating as always to look out at the beautiful Scottish scenery. It never fails to amaze me how beautiful this country is- especially around the Stirling area.

When I arrived at Dundee, my friend and I had a bit of an emotional reunion (We haven't seen eachother since new years) and made our way home, with a lot of catching up to do. It was absolutely wonderful to be able to spend time with such a great girl, and it was so exciting to hear all the latest goings on in her life, and have a bit of a goof around with her. 

The next day, I had a bus to catch for 5:30am for Aberdeen, my final destination, where I would be meeting another friend (slash ex? Long story, but he's a good guy) who I hadn't seen in a while, to go to the Aberdeen University Applicants Day. Can I just emphasise that the bus left at 5:30am, meaning I had to leave my friend(who lived in the area)'s house at 4:30am, meaning I had to set my alarm for 3:30am to have enough time to get ready. Yeah, I didn't wake up at 3:30am.

I woke up at 1:30am... Yeah, 1:30am, feel sorry for me kids. Although I did get to see the incredible, awesome sunrise on the journey- now that alone almost made it worth the hellishly early morning.

All in all, despite the chaos with the busses, and hella mega super early wake up on the Wednesday, I had a truly lovely time. I loved getting to meet two of my favourite people and catch up with them... even just getting to spend time with them, and pay for their meals- perks of having a job and getting paid. The university seemed really great too, but I'm still unsure about which University offer I will be accepting. In the past year, I have fallen in love with the city of Aberdeen, but that city holds so many memories for me. And then there's Strathclyde; the better business school, which is closer to home...

Who know's where I'll end up. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha please open up to us as much as you can! I have found that the blogger community is always really supportive.

    Seems like you had a really good time. I love catching up with old friends I haven't seen in a while, so much go talk about and still not enough time!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vanessa- your comments always brighten up my day!

      Delete