Saturday, 6 February 2016

Thursday Thoughts #5

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on you;re own. And you know what you know and YOU are the one who'll decide where you go"

Choices. These past two years have been all about choices for me, and now I'm about to make one of the biggest decisions of my life. It's rather daunting, and I can't really believe that I'm already at this stage of my life... but I'm here, and I have a decision to make. It's no longer about deciding what subjects I want to take for the next school year. It's no longer about deciding what I want to eat for the next week, or what I'm going to wear to that party, or even prom. Gosh, prom is soon.

I need to decide where I'm going to spend the next 4 years of my life. And gosh am I finding that difficult. 

I've done my research, I've googled everything there is to google... I just. Can't. DECIDE! 

All my friends are pretty certain where they're going to be going for university; they have their lives mapped out for them. And then there's me; stuck with several unconditional offers to study Business Management. 

I want to move out, but at the same time I want to stay at home. I would love to be more independent, and throw myself into a completely new situation in which I can start a completely fresh chapter. Moving out would be great for me. But Strathclyde has one of the best business schools in around, and it looks incredible.

For now I'm in between boats. I can't decide where I'll go, but hopefully I'll come to a decision soon. I'm sure I'll be happy wherever I end up.

Are you deciding/Have you decided where you're going to be studying next year?
Do you have any tips for choosing universities?

2 comments:

  1. I have a few big (but not major) decisions coming up, but I try not to stress out too much. Yes, it's important, but in the end, none of the options are horrible, are they? There's no perfect way, so just go with your gut.

    Love, Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such an important and inspirational view to hold, I really appreciate this!

      Delete