Hey troops! Today I opened up my emails to a lovely surprise... The lovely Dottie from someteenagedirtbag.blogspot.co.uk had nominated me for the Liebster award!
For those of you who have no clue what the Liebster award is, don't worry- neither did I. From what I've managed to gather from my research (i.e. googling it...) it's basically an internet award which is all about raising awareness for bloggers that don't necessarily have huge followings.
In Dottie's words, here's how it works:
- Someone nominates you. In their post, they will have answered 11 questions, then nominated 11 bloggers with less than 1,000 followers or readers. They will then create 11 questions for the 11 bloggers to answer. (I couldn't find out the actual blog figures, so I based this on who had less than 1,000 twitter followers)
- These bloggers will then answer the questions, nominate the 11 new bloggers with less than 1,000 readers/followers, and create 11 new questions... don't forget to put links to their pages!! Oh, and make sure you contact them/comment on their blog to let them know!
- And so the cycle continues...
1. What would be your desert island album? (Basically if you could only listen to one album for the rest of time what would it be
Oooh, that one's tough... Well, it has to be by All Time Low, I love those guys, so that narrows it down. Hmm. Probably nothing personal by All Time Low.
2. What is your favourite quote, and why
"You have the right to endure, and that is something struggle can never take away from you" Because it's got such an important and empowering message, and it can apply to almost any aspect of life. So, whether you're struggling with school, work, friends, illness- basically it fits in anywhere.
3. What three people do you look up to the most, and why
Alex Gaskarth because he cares so much for his fans, and even though he has an anxiety disorder, he still goes out and does tours 90% of the year. He's just such an inspiration, and a lovely caring person.
Jemma from www.dorkface.co.uk because she's such a sweet, caring and beautiful person! Her blog is incredible, and I love how she's created the wonderful community that is #TheGirlGang
4. What was the last album you purchased?
Sounds Good Feels Good by 5 Seconds of Summer
5. If you could see any band (ever to exist) live, what band would it be, and why
I mean, by the end of this month I'll have seen them three times in the space of a year, but All Time Low. It's always gonna be All Time Low.
6. Coffee shop or restaurant, and why?
Coffee shop... The vibe is just so chill, and the music is always on point. Also, I find coffee shops really great places to go to boost creativity.
7. Do you prefer going to the cinema, or watching movies at home?
Watching movies at home
8. What medium is best for playing music?
I don't really know, to be honest! Can I say live? I'm gonna say live.
9. Do you have a "Usual" drink in a coffee shop?
Yes and no... It depends which coffee shop I'm going to; so for example in starbucks I'll usually have a gingerbread latte in the winter and a vanilla frap in the summer, whereas in Costa I'd just go for a hot chocolate.
10. What three words would you use to describe your style?
Edgy, different, creative
11. Why did you start your blog, and how do you want its future to be?I started blogging as a little 12 year old girl who wanted to be a famous writer, and then when I was 14 I gave birth to myturquoisesummerdress.blogspot.co.uk, which is know known as herelectricocean. I started this blog with the sole purpose of writing enough articles for a portfolio for my application to study media at university. However, around summer last year, I decided to actually invest in my blog, and I've learnt so much from it- I hope I've improved a little too! I want to keep a personal touch to my blog, but I would love for it to grow and reach out to loads of new people to inspire and motivate them.
- What is your favourite piece of stationary?
- Which three bloggers do you look up to?
- What are your three favourite posts? (from your blog)
- What do you look for in a friend?
- Can I follow you on pintrest?
- What do you love to do to relax?
- What three songs always make you smile?
- What movie have you really enjoyed this month
- If you had to use a chat up line on your celebrity crush, what would you say and who to?
- If you were to write a book about your blog, what would the first line be?
- What three posts are you hoping to publish in the next three months?
Well, that's it folks! I hope you've enjoyed reading this post, and have maybe even learned something new about me! I really enjoyed answering Dottie's questions and brainstorming some of my own. I look forward to reading all my nominee's answers!