Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Why you NEED to use your anger as motivation


"You need to let your anger out. Not by punching people or using bad language. Use your anger to get your dreams to come true. Don't hold back because then one day you're going to explode, burst. So run 5 miles. Write a song. Ride your bike as hard as you can. Dance as if you won't have legs the next day. Be free. Feel free"

Some of the best success stories come from people using their negative emotions and circumstances as a boost. The way I see it, you can either let these things stop you, or you can make them into the driving factor that push you to achieving your goals.

I would much prefer myself and everyone else to choose the latter, but it's more than just a simple choice. It's a thought process, but it's more than even just that. It's a lifestyle choice; a constant decision, that each day you're going to devote your strength and your weakness to a goal. And that isn't easy. It's actually really, really tough. It's tough because there are almost certainly going to be days where you just want to give up, and let your negative emotions become destructive, but you can and should fight against that temptation.

Personally, in the times where I'm struggling the most, I find it really helpful to turn to a friend. Admitting that I'm not actually as strong as I want to be, and asking for help, makes me vulnerable. But it also opens me up to masses of help that I quite simply could never provide for myself. You wouldn't stop yourself from using a crutch if your leg was broken because you don't want to be seen as weak, so don't stop yourself from using a friend if you're in a mental ditch.

Another great way to re-inspire your passion and determination, is by reading. There are heaps of motivation books out there that may seem airy-fairy and abstract, but the truth is that they are full of exciting and inspiring new ideas that can open doors! Books are a great way of empowering your mind.

Finally, I want to reaffirm what I have already said. It is critical that you find a way to use your negative emotions to drive you to achieving what you want in life, and I want to encourage you to do so, even when it feels like it's getting you nowhere. You can, and will, get to where you want to be, and when you do you'll be able to look back on the struggles with a smile on your lips, because you had the strength to endure. You had the strength to keep pushing on. You had the strength to use your anger as motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment