Thursday, 14 January 2016

Throwback Thursday

Happy Thursday, friends! Well, that's my second week back at school since the holidays almost over, and I'm not gonna lie, I am tired as anything. Oh well, 7 and a half more teaching weeks to go until I GRADUATE!

I took this cute little picture on the way home from school before the Christmas Holidays, and I just thought it was the most perfect, appropriate picture to represent this post. On that day, as I walked home, I was ranting to my friend about all sorts of things -that day had been terrible- and as soon as I saw the rainbow, I took this picture to send it to him. Minutes later, the rain came down, but before it came on too strongly I got into the safety of my cosy, rain-free home.

Today I wanted to have a little took back at all the 'Thursday Thoughts' posts I've written in the past year, as it's always nice to look back and re-live all the lessons I've learnt. Hopefully you will also be able to learn from my mistakes and revelations. 

"When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure"
Reading this post took me a down memory lane, to a memory that to be quite frank I would have been quite alright with not remembering. That was my first real heartbreak; the first time I had cried over a boy who told me he loved him, knowing that there was nothing I could do to fix it. Looking back, the pain is still there, and we haven't been able to fully repair our relationship, however I have learnt so much from this experience, that has and will really open up my eyes to a lot of things.

When I was preparing this, I thought a bit about that, and one thing that kept popping up in my mind is that if we know how to look after our treasured possessions, how much better does God know how to look after us? Even when we're broken, even when it's tough, even when we're scared or angry or sad, because we belong to him. So if things get tough this week or this year, or just in life in general, the best thing we can do is turn to God and admit that we can't do this on our own and that we need to rely on him to take good care of us, his treasured children.

"The struggle you're in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow"
This one was quite a short post, but I do feel that it gets the message across quite clearly, without any anecdotes. Part of me was still referring to the heartbreak I had previously experienced, but another part of me was also talking about a much bigger story about the pain I have endured in my life. Every fall down has created an opportunity for me to come back fighting stronger than ever, and I fully believe there is purpose in the pain.

Learning to walk the tightrope...
Sometimes I just feel like I've been going from strength to strength, you know? And it's great; I'll have gone over 250 days clean, I'll have been happy; like really happy. I'll have got all this stuff in my life going for me, and it will feel good. It will feel good to breathe and just relax and feel healthy again. 

What's your favourite quote?
Are there any topics you would like to see me cover in the upcoming 2016 Thursday Thought posts?

3 comments: