Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Dear friend, when you want to give up



"If you ever think of giving up, just remember why you held on for so long"

Much like you, my gorgeous friend, I have had days where I have wanted to give up. I think we all do, at some point. Some of us want to give up on our friends, on our school, on our talents, on our work, and sometimes even on our life. But I want to tell you today that you should not. Give. Up.

Remember why you started; why did you become friends with them? Why did you start working towards that goal? Beginning is easy; carrying on is much more difficult. But going back to the start brings everything into focus. My friend, can you try to reignite the feelings of hope and excitement you had when you started?

Maybe it's time for you to slow down. Maybe you rushed into things too quickly, and now you're feeling burnt out. That's okay; just don't give up because of it. Pace yourself. If you're spending all your free time with your friend, maybe limit yourself to meeting up once or twice a week. If you're doing hours of exercise every day, maybe limit yourself to doing half an hour a day. Stay committed, and stay determined. It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you do not stop. 

Above all, my friend, remember that every problem has a solution, and that solution does not involve giving up. I understand that this problem may be making you feel hopeless and helpless, but that isn't true. You aren't trapped, there is a way out! There is a solution to your problem, you just need to persevere until you find it.

My friend, there are people who have been in your situation before, and they have gotten through it. Take that as an encouragement that it is possible; if someone else can do it, you certainly can.

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, and inspiring. Thank you for writing this, I really needed to hear that <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found it helpful, Dottie. Remember there's always hope and it's always worthwhile to persevere!

      Delete
  2. love this! Thank you!!!!! I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always, Vanessa! I've missed you too, gorgeous girl!

      Delete