Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Dear friend, stay alive


"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you simply to have a day. Stay alive. Feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet. It will get better, but until then, have a day"

My friend, life is tough. It's so full of ups and downs, and a lot of the time it can seem like the higher the ups, the lower the downs. I get that. I understand what it's like to be cautious of the good times because you are so sure that something inevitably disastrous is waiting around the corner. Take this from me; I know how it feels. 

If you're in a really low place right now, my friend, that's okay. You're human, and it's okay to feel crappy for a while- it happens to the best of us I assure you. So cry it out, and wallow in your emotions for a while. Express yourself in whatever way you feel most effective for you. But don't stay there in your despair. You, as a strong, independant human being, have the ability to pick yourself up out of the muck, and keep walking on. The biggest lie the world can tell you, is that there is no way for you to help yourself. It's just not true.. you can help yourself; you just need to find out how.

At the end of every night, the sun rises, and everything starts again. When you go to sleep tonight, close your eyes and promise yourself a fresh start tomorrow- a clean slate in your mind. Promise yourself that when the sun rises you will try to help yourself have a day. Possibly even a good one. 

My friend, you are stronger than you realise. Do you want to know how I know? Because you are sitting or standing or lying down somewhere in the crazy, messed up, beautiful world, and you are breathing. You inhale, you exhale, and you read. Breath is the first sign of life. 

Please keep breathing; you've made it this far, gorgeous, you can keep going. You can do this.

My friend, please stay alive, for me.

3 comments: