Friday, 8 January 2016

Always hope and always dream

Hello! My name is El and I run the blog This is El's Life. I would like to thank Sara for this amazing opportunity. I really like her blog, particularly her 'Thursday Thoughts' posts which I find very motivational!


I want to start off by telling you a bit more about me. I'm from Northern Ireland, and to be honest nothing really happens here, other than the fact that it rains - a lot! I'm in fourth year (year 11), which means I'm currently doing my GCSE courses. When I'm older I want to be a lawyer and that helps keep me motivated and keeps me working hard. When I'm not in school I like to spend my time listening to music and going on Tumblr. I'm a bit of a 'fangirl' over a number of things and I recently decided to start another blog in order to talk about my many fandoms...!

I started my blog in the summer of last year. My main motivation being to offer advice. There are many things I wish I knew a bit more about before they happened, like starting fourth year. I use my blog to share my experience of these things so that others that may have the same questions can hopefully have a better understanding. However, recently I have been drawn more towards posts that send across a positive message. Anyway, I have rambled enough, without further ado here's my post:



I want to quickly wish you all a, "Happy New Year!" I am really looking forward to this year, although not because of any particular upcoming events. It is merely what each New Year brings with it that makes me look forward to it - a fresh start! Each new year is a blank canvas for each and everyone of us. It is then up to us to choose how we want to paint this new canvas. We are the artists, for it is us alone who get to choose what the finished painting will look like.
Like every year it won't be easy and it will have its ups and downs, but despite that there's always a way to turn it all around again. My Grandmother always used to tell me when I was little: Always have hope and always dream,

Because when all seems lost they will intervene,

Hope and dreams will put your mind back on track,

And won't let fear and negativity hold you back.


I want to share with you 10 of my favourite quotes to do with hopes and dreams:

Even during your darkest days there is always hope

The only thing stronger than fear is hope

When the world says, "Give up." Hope whispers... "Try it one more time!"

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

Hope is not a dream but a way of making dreams become reality

Keep your heart open to dreams... For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living

Consult not in your fears, but in your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do!

Hope keeps our dreams alive until they come true

Your hopes, dreams and aspirations are legitimate. They are trying to take you airborne, above the clouds, above the storms, if you only let them.


Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! Thanks you so much to Sara for sharing it.

If you wish to read more of my posts then please check out my blog: 

If you're a fangirl like me then you can check out my fandom blog:





-El x

2 comments:

  1. Great to focus on positive thoughts and not what pulls you down! Hope you have a wonderful 2016!
    http://passportcouture.com

    ReplyDelete