Thursday, 3 December 2015

The change you absolutely NEED to make



If you are subscribed to my emails, you might remember getting a little email titled "What is change". In it, I discussed the different types of change we encounter, the importance of change, and how it enables us to grow. 

Lately, I've encountered a fair bit of change. 

Yesterday evening, I actually got my hair cut, which was a pretty scary thing for me to do, considering how much I got chopped off. In less than half an hour, I had gone from having near-waist length hair, to practically having a bob. I mean, I must have gotten about 6 inches off or something, which is mental. 

I've prepared for change, too. Not all change is instant, and sometimes it takes a lot of thought and preparation for you to get to the place where you're ready to make a change. That's alright. Sometimes change takes a while. Lately, I've been preparing my university application. Hopefully, I'll have sent it by the time you read this post. 


You get the idea; I encounter change pretty much all the time, and I'm not the only one! 

In time, I've come to realise that everything changes. People change, seasons change, times change, trends change... everything. And there will come a time when you'll look at your favourite dress with disgust and wonder why you ever thought it was nice. That band you obsessed over for countless hours will grow old and stop recording music, or maybe they'll completely change their image completely. Maybe you'll change from a little girl or boy, to a young adult, to a mature man or woman. Perhaps your relationship with someone will change, for better or for worse.

That's okay. In fact, that's great! Change encourages us to grow, and to move on to a better place. I'm not saying that it'll be easy, in fact I want to warn you that it will be so, so hard at times. It'll be a challenge. But through this challenge, you'll be able to become the person you were meant to be all this time.

With New Year coming up, I want to encourage you to carefully consider what your New Years resolution is going to be. I want to challenge you to challenge yourself, and make a change. This could be a change in your lifestyle, you habits, your hobbies, your attitude... absolutely anything! Below, I've given you a few ideas of some changes that you could incorporate into your life for the new year.

Lifestyle Changes
-Drink more water
-Get more sleep
-Go on regular walks
-Find a workout buddy

Food related Changes
-Make breakfast a priority
- keep a food journal
-Downsize your plates
-Go meatless

Your hobbies
-Try something you've never done before- and stick to it
-Spend at least 2 hours a week doing something you love
-Limit yourself to watching 2 hours of TV a week
-Find someone to share your hobby with

Your attitude
-Make a daily list of 3 things that you're grateful for
-Find a quote that is meaningful and say it out loud every morning
-Put your all into everything you do, and exceed expectations
-Appreciate the people around you

No comments:

Post a Comment