Saturday, 31 October 2015

17 quotes for 17 years



I've always loved a good quote.

I remember a few years back, my grandma gave me a little notebook that I'd had my eye on for a while, and for a while, it just sat in my room with no purpose. Empty. It was such a special, beautiful little notebook that I was convinced that if I wrote in it, I would ruin it. Eventually, when I got around to giving it a purpose, I decided that I was going to fill it with quotes.

2 and a half years later, and I have 1114 quotes in it, but it's still not full yet.

Anyway, since yesterday was my 17th birthday, I decided to share with you 17 of my most treasured quotes. The ones that mean the most to me, or I think are the most helpful. So settle down with a hot cup of tea, and get yourself comfortable and relaxed. I hope you find these as inspiring as I have.


1. I see now the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

2. Take what comes your way as an opportunity, not a burden. There is always a plan, sometimes it just takes a little longer to understand the journey of life, but in the end, everything is meant to be.

3. You have the right to endure, and that is something struggle can never take from you.

4. There are two kinds of failures; those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought.

5. Never give up on a dream just because it will take time to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

6. I hope you life a life that you're proud of. If you find that you're not, then I hope you find the strength to start all over again

7. Every day is a new beginning. Take a deep breath, and start again

8. We all go through rough times. We all have these obstacles that seem too large to overcome or that current that you never seem to swim out of. These are the times we have to decide what matters most to us- our passions.

9. A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile.

10. When someone walks away from you, it's not the end of your story. It's the end of the chapter in which they were a part of your story.

11. Just because something isn't happening right now, doesn't mean that it will never happen

12. I don't know why terrible things happen to us, but I've gotta believe that some good will come out of this

13. Rise up and be all that you dreamed

14.To anyone who told you you're no good, they're no better

15. If you ever think of giving up, just remember why you held on for so long

16. You don't need anyones permission to be exactly who you want to be

17. There are two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do, and mostly live.









No comments:

Post a Comment