Saturday, 5 September 2015

5 happy thoughts


Happy Saturday, friends! Another week has escaped us but hey, at least we're getting closer to the weekend, and that can only ever mean good things! I've been back at school for just under a month now, which has been both good and bad; but certainly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Being in my last year of high school, I'm finally getting to experience privileges such as cake days, free periods, and actually being able to have a friendly conversation with my teachers. It's going to take some getting used to, but it's good- it's all very good. Anyways, apart from that, here are a few happy things from this past week!

I got to see my boyfriend last Tuesday
Boyfriend?! Boyfriend!? Yes!! It's official, I'm attached! On  one of my visits up to a university open day I arranged to meet up with one of my closest friends -who I had strong feelings for- and by the end of the day, it turned into a date. He's a wonderful guy, and I'm so happy everything has worked out. It's going to be tough -and already has been tough- since he lives a whopping 3 hours train journey from me, but it's going to be worth it!

I got tickets to see All Time Low in Glasgow next Febuary
I don't know how, but my closest friend managed to bag us tickets to see my favourite band again. It'll be our third time seeing All Time Low, and not only that, but we've got STANDING TICKETS!

I finally got around to conditioning my hair
I know, I know.. I always indend on conditioning my hair more regularly, but more often than not, I'll forget to buy conditioner, or once I've bought it, it'll get used up by other people before I remember it's mine... Anyways, this morning I went out, bought my conditioner, and actually used it. Woah, I know. My hair feels so smooth, and it smells so good!

I bought myself a new notebook!
So as you may or may not know, I'm a really big lover of notebooks, and I definitely have more than I need, but nevertheless I always love getting myself a new notebook. Paperchase is just perfect for me, so I went and treated myself to a new journal. I'm not sure what I'll use it for just yet, but I'm sure I'll find a good way to use it sometime soon.

I've started reading again
As a kid, you would always find me with my nose in a book, with my bedside table piled high with books, but ever since the start of dreaded exams I've noticed that I read much less, and that's something I've been meaning to change for a while. I set myself the challenge of reading at least one book during the summer holidays, but I ended up being so busy and booked up that the goal seemed impossible, so I didn't even bother trying. However, now that I'm back at school I've decided to start reading again, starting easy with re-reading the sequel to 'If I stay'; 'Where she went'

32 comments:

  1. hey, how nice that you got together with some you really liked and hopefully the long distance between you wont get in the way :) I really wish i could get into reading i just don't have the patience to sit and read. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot!

      In my experience, it makes a huge difference when you have a compelling read, like for me I can't read anything too heavy so I'm usually into chick flicks!

      Delete
  2. It is always great to look for the positives in life and this is a great list. Congratulations on the new relationship. How lovely. And reading is always a great thing to get back into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's so important to take time to focus on the good stuff, otherwise I get so overwhelmed by all the negatives!

      Delete
  3. Ah what a lovely happy post. It's great to look over the week and find things that have made you happy.
    Congratulations on the new relationship, it sounds like you were good friends before which is great. It may be a long distance but you really can make it work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's really lovely to hear! x

      Delete
  4. I love a good notebook! Nothing like new stationery to cheer you up :) I've been trying to read more recently too. I spend so much time on my laptop and phone, but I need to make time for books. I used to love reading so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm exactly the same! I always seem to be saying that I "Don't have enough time" when I'm really just spending all my time in the evening on social media!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new relationship, the beginning is always such a fun time. Beginning to read again is such a great thing too. I began reading again at the beginning of the summer and it was such a great way to get offline :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It really is, it's so nice and fresh and exciting.

      Reading is such a good thing to do; it's really nice to relax and wind down with a cup of tea after a stressful day!

      Delete
  6. It was only very recently that I found out some people don't always condition their hair when washing! It baffles me as I've always done it, my hair would be a disaster if I didn't haha. I love paperchase notebooks, the whole store is fabulous but I often feel like it's a bit pricey!

    www.hollysparkle.co.uk | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really been into conditioning my hair- I don't really take good care of my hair at all really, which really is something I need to work on!

      I do adore paperchase, but I'm definitely with you on the prices side of things. It's lovely for a treat, but certainly not something I can splurge on regularly!

      Delete
  7. The best of luck with your new relationship! It's so nice to get together with someone who has been a friend - makes it all so much easier at the start.
    A good tip for conditioning is hair oil. It's a godsend for anyone who can't be bothered to use conditioner - just add a few drops to your hair after a towel-dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really does make a difference; there's none of that awkwardness when you transition from friends to dating.

      I'll certainly keep my eye out for hair oils- I've heard a lot of good things about them, so it's something I think I need to at least try out!

      Delete
  8. What a delightfully positive list! Wishing you every happiness in your new relationship too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is inspirational :)
    My brother and I did a happy thoughts exercise yesterday, counted all the best things that happened during the summer. Turns out - a lot to be grateful for :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I love reading posts like this. It's so nice to see lots of positivity and happiness. Wishing you all the best with your new relationship too!


    Emma xxx
    DollfaceBlogs | DollfaceWeddings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, that's really encouraging to hear! It means a lot *Insert gushy cute happy feelings*

      Delete
  11. I love notebooks too... I have far too many lol. Everyone always buys me a notebook at Christmas or Birthday because they know I love them so much haha.
    Your post has inspired me to condition my hair, always makes me feel good :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many notebooks! The tricky part is finding a unique use for each one...
      It really is such a feel-good thing, I've been playing about with my hair all week because it's so soft and smooth!

      Delete
  12. what a lovely list and lovely to hear you have met someone nice that is also a friend, best of luck with the long distance. I also love a nice notebook and reading is good for the soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I totally agree with you, it's so nice to wind down with a good book

      Delete
  13. How amazing you've ended up with one of your closest friends! Those are the relationships that last :) I condition my hair every time I wash it otherwise I'd never get a hair brush through it!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, that's such a sweet thing to say! I'm really lazy with my hair- I rarely even brush it... It's something I really need to work on!

      Delete
  14. love these! Seems like a mantra

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to get back on it with the hair treatments. I used to hot oil my hair once a week, but slipped since I got pregnant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, I've heard a lot of good things about hair oils, something I need to look into in more depth!

      Delete
  16. I'm so pleased to hear the news about your new relationship. There's so many ways to keep in touch these days, I'm sure it will work out for you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We've been talking over oovoo regularly, but it's not quite the same as real life

      Delete
  17. lovely to hear someone with really happy and positive things happening in their lives. I am doing a treatment on my hair tonight, i really should do them more regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much! I think I might try out the hair mask treatments everyone seems to be going on about, they appear to be working wonders

      Delete