Thursday, 9 July 2015

5 happy thoughts


1. It's summer time.
I love the summer. I love waking up and seeing the sunshine creep in through my curtains. The warmth makes me happy. It brings back memories of running about and having water fights as a kid. I love sitting outside in the sunshine with a good book, or just laying there with my earphones plugged in, blasting out the summer hits.

2. I went for a run today.
I slipped on my trainers and went out into the big old world. With my music blasting through my earphones, I ran down a country road just 5 minutes from my house. I realised how lucky I am to live where I live. I love where I live; I love being so close to the city at the same time as being so close to the countryside. I love being able to escape to a quiet place. I love being able to be alone with just me, the music, and the scenery

3. I bought two new pairs of shoes yesterday.
I haven't been shoe shopping since I bought my winter boots, and yesterday I bought a pair of plastic-y white sandals for the beach, and the cutest pair of wedges. They're baby-blue, with a kinda wood-y wedge bit (wow that's a crappy description...) and I am totally in love with them! They didn't even cost me that much, either

4. I got a really nice compliment from my friend
I don't usually accept or like compliments, because I don't agree with them, or I feel like people are just saying nice things to me to be nice. I'm slowly learning to accept compliments, and yesterday one of my friends gave me a lovely compliment which just totally made my day.

5. I've been playing a lot of guitar
Because I'm on holiday and have a hell of a lot more free time, I've been playing a hell of a lot more guitar, which is really nice. I love playing my guitar, and just blasting out the tunes and forgetting about the world around me and the worries that I always seem to be carrying around. My guitar is kind of like an escape, and I always feel much better after a good old jamming session!

No comments:

Post a Comment