Saturday, 20 June 2015

the colouring in book you absolutely need in your life


With the summer holidays on the horizon, I decided it was time for me to invest in something that would occupy my spare time. Usually, I buy a few books, or magazines, to read on holiday. But this time I decided to splurge on something else, something new. 

I had actually planned on finding a couple of books from the local WH Smiths store in my town, but as soon as I walked in, I noticed something in one of the stalls; a whole stash of colouring in books for adults, along with various packs of arty pens and pencils. It was art heaven- except that I'm not really that arty. I enjoy doodling, but that is as far as I go art-wise. So why this caught my eye is beyond me.

  
Flicking through the pages of this colouring in book now, I find an endless compilation of beautiful line drawings, some which I have already coloured in, and some that are left blank. They are intricate and detailed, which makes them a level up from children's colouring in books. It brings back memories from my childhood of going to visit my grandparents; they would always have a stash of at least 3 different colouring in books awaiting me; but I always seemed to get bored of them after the first page was half done.

Back then, though, I had very little patience, and things like colouring in which required some degree of concentration or stillness just simply didn't appeal to me. Now, I find this book becoming my refuge; my place to go when I feel my emotions heightening.It's a really great stress buster, especially after exams while I eagerly await my results. Sometimes it's nice to just sit down, breath, and forget about the world.


I really love this book, as it puts one pattern per A4 sheet.. basically what I mean is that it isn't double sided. This is great news for me, because it means that I can use my new permanent markers that I bought myself a few days ago, without worrying about the ink destroying the pattern on the other side of the paper. The pages are quite thick too, which is really good if you are using pens.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is interested; but I would urge you to act quickly! The store I found this gem in had a stash of different themes like zen colouring with animals, flowers... you name it; but they change which books they sell regularly, so if you see them lurking around, snatch them before they're gone!

On that I've had my eye on for awhile is the anti stress art therapy colouring in book, at only £6.99, which is definitely worth it! 

 Do you enjoy colouring in?
What kind of things do you do to relax?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's awesome! I'm glad you like it

      Delete
  2. Oooh, this is so pretty! I may have to go and buy one of these after this, I've seen them in so many places but haven't given it a second thought whether to buy one or not, they are gorgeous though! You have a lovely blog here btw. :)

    www.sarahssay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I've only just started getting into these colouring books and it's been so nice just to force my self to sit down and take a few minutes to have some quality relaxing me time!

      Delete