Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Youtubers, Festivals, and Barbie's inspiration

The radio one big weekend- a huge annual event hosted by the BBC. Just yesterday morning, the tickets were claimed by thousands of music loving festival goers- budding journalists? It seems that this May (Just as the previous years) the spotlight is on the big weekend. Excitement, and a bubbling presentation of opportunities awaits those who grab (or have grabbed) the chance. And don't you doubt it- for I certainly have! But this my dears is not a boasting post; this just as any other that I write will have content other than my own naive excitement.

Youtuber: Someone who uploads youtube videos, particularly someone who has somewhat of a fan base. Although it can mean anyone in youtube, it specifically means someone who makes videos.

As I bought my monthly issue of COMPANY from my local drug store, it struck me; Zoella, on the front cover of a magazine? But she's just a youtuber. It seems to me, that the world of youtube is indeed taking over- vloggers from around the world, each one individual with their content are grasping the opportunity of fame and fortune. And let me tell you; they aren't the only ones relishing in the growing community of youtubers. With obsessive viewers fangirling about the prettiest, hottest, funniest, most interesting of them all, youtube has become the new trend that everyone is getting in on. I would imagine that if social sights such as twitter and facebook did a collaboration with the television, they wouldn't have much of a different turnout that youtube, but then again that is just my own crazy thoughts. Now- one thing I do want to point out, post describing youtube as a [new] trend; youtube itself is not a new thing. Neither is vlogging- I am quite sure that in the past people would sit infront of their cameras and record themselves talking about their own life, the things they loved ect. But nevertheless, it is something that has seen a surge in popularity over recent years... and even months. 

Now, above this text you ought to see a jumper, very pink, very girly and very barbie. This jumper I am afraid, is sold out. From ASOS, this is the exact same jumper as seen my Zoe Sugg (Zoella) a fashion/beauty youtuber who is becoming increasingly popular (Hence her face featuring in the front cover of this month's issue of COMPANY). The surge in barbie inspired outfits? My theory is that the masses of fangirls who idolize over Zoe Sugg have jumped up at the chance to copy her style; or at the very least try to. All I can say is that I'm sure that Mattel (The manufacturers of Barbie since 1959) won't be complaining about the publicity. 
What Mattel might not be so happy about are the protests going on about the proportions of the barbie doll- apparently this child's doll encourages eating disorders in women and girls who want to have the figure of this fictional character. Honestly?

2 comments:

  1. Good day very cool blog!! Man .. Beautiful ..
    Wonderful .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds
    also? I am satisfied to seek out a lot of helpful information right here in the post, we
    want develop more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .

    Feel free to visit my web-site

    ReplyDelete
  2. TҺiѕ artficle іs genuinely ɑ goоd one іt assists neԝ tҺe web visitors, who
    are wishing fоr blogging.

    my web page

    ReplyDelete